Students modernized the HobbyMat MD65 machine
At Noosphere Engineering School students presented the HobbyMat MD65 machine, which was modernized in the laboratory of the school together with the Department of Technology of Production of the Physico-Technical University of the DNU. O. Gonchar.
This machine allows:
- to manufacture parts to prototype products according to the projects of the engineering school;
- carry out practical work, the topics of which are related to the study of numerical control systems for various equipment, create CNC programs for machining, the software of CNC processes, the design of nodes and mechanisms controlled by the CNC system;
- perform mechanical processing of small dimensions of soft materials.
While working on the project, students got practical experience in designing and constructing CNC systems, and demonstrated their skills in the Solidworks program.
Main characteristics of the machine:
- Engine power: 250 W
- Spindle speed control: belt
- The spindle has 4 speeds of 250, 500, 1000, 2000 rpm
- The largest diameter to be processed is 50 mm
- The largest cross-section of the tool is 12x12mm
The modernization process consisted of successive stages:
- Disassembly and inspection of the machine
- Repair of damaged parts
- Lubrication and assembly of the machine
- Selection and purchase of necessary components
- Manufacture of engine bracket and control unit
- Mounting of boards, feed mechanisms
- Debugging the device
To present the machine, a workpiece made of wood was taken and a setup was designed for which a control program was written in G codes.
The program was divided into conditional parts. In the first part there are rough passages - a trimming of the butt and a groove. After that, the grooves of the steps are used to reduce the cutting depth when rotating along an arc. The final part is the groove of a complex contour.
A test part was produced to check and correct the program.
Check out the video of the machine working here.
In the future, the project will be cultivated in the development of a winding module to produce products from composite materials on a lathe. The results of the project will be used in lectures and training courses on programming CNC machines and processing technology on CNC machines.
Keep an eye on announcements of our programs and implement unique projects with the Noosphere Engineering School team!
Підписуйтесь для отримання останніх новин
Бажаєте реалізувати свій проєкт?
Зв'яжіться з нами і ми допоможемо втілити ваші ідеї в життя!