On March 23, students of the "ANSYS finite element analysis system" program presented their final projects at the Noosphere Engineering School.
10 students of the Department of Space Information Technologies of Oles Honchar Dnipro National University completed the course at the School and mastered modern software solutions of engineering analysis.
Within 8 weeks participants had been studying the basics of mathematical modeling, learning the principles of the finite element method, building geometry in ANSYS, working with modules for calculating vibration effects and applying knowledge to practice.
The training of modern engineers consisted of 3 stages. Throughout the first phase, mentors familiarized students with the basic concepts of strength of materials and existing solutions within the ANSYS software. At the second stage, participants developed a preliminary design of the device, and learned how to optimize projects in the early stages. Project pitches took place at the final stage.
Students developed projects related to the next topics:
- Project "Thermal Calculation of the Cathode"
- Project "Static Calculation of Baseball Bits"
- Project "Static Calculation of the Rathore"
- Project "Calculation of the Strength of the Tube from Composite Materials"
- Project "Static Calculation of CubeSat load-bearing structure"
- Project "Static Calculation of the Rotary Assembly Stand"
- Project "Static Calculation of Vibration Damper"
- Project "Simulation of the Heat Pump in ANSYS using Tr.Thermal and Steady-State Thermal Modules"
- Project "Сalculation and optimization task for the Anode Gas Distributor of Electric Propulsion System in CFX"
The following jury members evaluated the projects and provided detailed feedback for students:
- Alkhimov Alexander − Mentor of the program, the Leading Designer of the Department at Space Systems Engineering,
- Kushpit Mikhail − Design Engineer, Space Systems Engineering,
- Bikir Eugene - Design Engineer, Space Systems Engineering.
We are proud that now the graduates of the program can design an optimized 3D model or process the CAD-model of products using the ANSYS software product.
Wishing our students success in further developments!