Dear students and all, who concerned about climate changes. We would like to invite you for the webinar on "Ecological monitoring of environment based on satellite data"!
We will hold publicly available webinar to demonstrate, how to perform monitoring of environmental changes by using satellite data from open sourses.
During the webinar, we will famialise students with publicly available sources of satellite data and will teach them to software implementation of the algorithms for handling the geospatial information aiming at using the satellite data to address the challenges of the ecological monitoring of environment.
The training will be held by professionals that work on the processing of satellite data and creation of related software products.
The webinar program includes:
1. Familiarization with fundamentals of satellite and geospatial data.
2. Familiarization with the tools for handling the geospatial data.
3. Practical use of satellite data for environmental monitoring:
• monitoring of the state of lands;
• assessment of the dynamics of changes in forest lands;
• monitoring of the growth of urban agglomerations;
• satellite data to cope with an adverse impact of natural disasters (fire, flood, etc.).
Date of the webinar: October 15, 2019, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Participation in the webinar is free of charge. The link for the webinar will be sent to all, who registered before 14th October.
The sign-up for the webinar please, register using the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZmR7QDb9JMh7e9IDs7WVSqPwOKtwmU8r-30563t1tdzP7eg/viewform
The webinar will be held within the framework of EU Code Week and Meet-and-code initiative, being implemented by the GURT Resource Center in cooperation with TechSoup Europe and Haus des Stiftens gGmbH and funded by SAP.