The Noosphere Engineering School team finalized the development of the device which will be applied at the balloon competitions (transportation in the atmosphere of the Earth using spacecrafts, which are lighter than air).
Recall that in May 2017 the Noosphere Engineering School team won the All-Ukrainian Innovation Tournament "Best device for FAI", due to being the only one able to provide a prototype of the project, according to the technical assignment, proposed by World Air Sports Federation.
Students of the School, under the guidance of the mentor, Sergey Poslavsky, not only developed a full-featured device for competitions, which will automatically measure the altitude and other parameters of the balloon flight, but also created an innovative software that will aggregate and display the results of competitions online.
At the moment, the device's prototype has been tested and ready for demonstration!
Specifications of the marker:
- Protection: IP67
- Operation time: >10h (Stand-by work); 3h (Transmission)
- Charging time: 3h
- Battery capacity: 500mAh
- Indication: 1 RGB led
- Communication standard: Wi-Fi 2,4 GHz
- GNSS signal: GPS L1, Glonass L1, Galileo E1
- Wi-Fi Range: 150m (LoS)
- Weight: 100g
- Typical Accuracy: 1 cm
- Typical Convergence Time: 60 sec
Among the project members that developed the Best Device for FAI are:
- Sergey Poslavsky, Ph.D., specialist in positioning systems and robotics, Team Leader, System Architect, Software Engineer.
- Mikhail Fesenko, specialist in electronics and communication systems, Team Leader, System Architect, Software Engineer.
- Stanislav Petrash, Master student (2nd year) at Oles Honchar Dnipro National University, specialty - applied mechanics, Mechanical Engineer.
- Dmitry Savchenko, Master student (2nd year) at Oles Honchar Dnipro National University, specialty - micro and nanoelectronics, Electronics Engineer.
- Alexander Ignatenko, a graduate of Oles Honchar Dnipro National University, Software / Firmware Engineer.
- Vladimir Tarasov, Master student (1st year) at Oles Honchar Dnipro National University, specialty - software engineering, Software Engineer.
- Bogdan Molodets, Master student (1st year) at Oles Honchar Dnipro National University, specialty - software engineering, Software Engineer.
- Alisa Mikhailishin, a graduate of the National Technical University "Dnipro Polytechnic".
In addition to the marker itself, the team designed, conducted tests and provided the complex with a reference station, a Wi-Fi antenna and router, a power supply unit, chargers for the marker, and many others.
Congratulations to the Noosphere Engineering School team on the successful completion of the project! We hope to see the developed device in action at international competitions soon.